How To Fix [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error & Others in Outlook: The Definitive Guide
Table of Contents
Microsoft Outlook is an application commonly used in offices and big organizations since it organizes emails such that they become easier to manage. Since it is developed and managed by Outlook, there are often new updates. Plus, there’s hardly any alternative for this software for Windows users, which is why they often turn to Outlook to manage their emails.
Outlook is a sustainable software and is provided by both TLS and SSL encryptions that Microsoft provides. However, you can still come across a [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error that makes work tedious and uneasy. And if you’re a non-technical user, then the error could lower your productivity.
To make sure that doesn’t happen, we’ve listed some easy fixes for this problem. Read on to find out!
Why Causes the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error & What Does It Do?
This error occurs when users try to connect to the mail server through SSL encryption, but the connection fails to establish. In some cases, it’s also possible that the SSL encryption is disabled for that particular email account.
You now know why the mentioned error occurs in Outlook. But how can you be sure that the error that occurred is this error? Well, you’ll come across the following errors:
- Your input devices, like the keyboard and mouse, take a long time to respond.
- Most applications stop to respond, and you often need to restart your device.
- The Windows OS starts crashing very irregularly.
Now that you know how to determine the Outlook error, the next step is finding out the best course of action to take to deal with this error.
Top 10 Key Methods to Fix [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error in Outlook
This error is pretty common in Outlook, and you can fix it in a number of ways. Some of the best methods have been described in detail below to help you out:
- Reconfigure the SMTP & POP settings of the server.
- Repair PST files using SCANPST.exe.
- Check & get rid of the duplicate accounts.
- Repair MS Office via the Control Panel.
Reconfigure the SMTP & POP Settings of the Server
One of the easiest ways to resolve the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 is to configure the POP and SMTP server settings. We’ve listed the steps on how to do that below. If you’re using MS Outlook 2016, here’s what you have to do:
- Launch the MS Outlook app on your device.
- Go to File Menu. Here, choose Info >> Account Settings. Then go to Manage Profiles.
- Now, once you are in the Mail Setup box, go to the tab that says Email Accounts.
- Choose your email account that’s facing this error and then double click on it.
- Now tap on the button that says More Settings.
- Check that the option chosen for Outgoing Server is My SMTP server requires authentication.
- Next, go to the Advanced Tab. Check the port number settings for both SMTP & IMAP. The port number setting for IMAP should be 993, and for SMTP, it should be 465.
- Lastly, make sure that the encrypted connection is SSL/TLS. Once all this is done, click OK.
By following these systems listed above, you can easily configure the SSL encryption settings. As a result, you’ll no longer see the error in MS Outlook 2016.
However, If You Use MS Outlook 2010, Then the Steps to Follow Will Vary a Bit. Have a Look:
- Launch the MS Outlook application on your device.
- Now go to File >> Info. Here, click on Account Settings, and you’ll see a short drop-down menu. Here, choose Account Settings.
- Next, double click on the email account.
- Go to the More Settings option.
- Once you’re in the Advanced section, check the SMTP and IMAP port settings. The IMAP should be set at 993, and SMTP should be set at 587.
- Now, make sure that the encrypted server connection is SSL & TLS. Finally, click on OK.
On the Other Hand, If You’re Using MS Outlook 2007, Then Here’s What You’ll Have to Do:
- Open Control Panel on your PC. Change the View By >> to Large choose Mail Settings.
- Now go to Mail Setup >> click on Email Accounts.
- Choose the mailing account and then select the Change button.
- Now go to More Settings.
- Go to the Advanced tab and check that the incoming and outgoing server settings are set as IMAP 993 and SMTP 465.
- Also, ensure that the encryption method is SSL. Finally, click on OK to close the settings.
Repair PST Files Using SCANPST.exe
MS Outlook provides an inbox repair utility known as SCANPST.exe to repair PST files that have gone corrupt. So, to solve the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error, you need to get rid of the PST corruption with the help of SCANPST.exe. Here’s how you can do that:
- Launch Windows Explorer on the computer.
- Go to your C Drive and open Program Files. Now find the Microsoft Office folder and find Office 14. This is where the files for Microsoft Office are installed.
- Now search for the SCANPST.exe application and run it on the system.
- Search through the .pst file and click Start. This will start the repair process.
- Now select the Make Backup option. Choose the Browse Location and then set the location for the backup file. Finally, select Repair to finish the whole process.
Check & Get Rid of the Duplicate Accounts
You might also come across the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error if there are duplicate accounts configured in MS Outlook. However, you can remove the duplicate accounts by following these steps:
- Launch the Control Panel on your computer.
- Change the View By >> to Large. Now, click on the Mail Option.
- Next, select the Email Accounts option.
- Once in the Account Settings, choose the duplicate account and remove it by clicking on the Remove button.
Repair MS Office Via The Control Panel
You might also see the Outlook [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error when MS Office needs some repairing. For this, you can follow the steps given below:
- Run the Control Panel application.
- Click on Uninstall a Program.
- Now, choose the MS Office application and then click on Change.
- Now choose the Repair option and click on Continue.
- Now you’ll see a set of instructions. Just follow those to repair the application.
- Finally, restart your computer and launch the application again.
How To Fix The Most PII Email Errors
You can fix most PII email errors with the help of a few simple methods. Since it is an operational fault, you can remove it with the help of any of the following methods. Have a look!
Logging in a Single Account
If you are using many accounts on Microsoft Outlook, you are likely to see the error. The simplest way to solve this is to just log out all of the accounts and then log into just one account.
Cleaning Cache & Cookies
Another easy way to get rid of the error is to clear the cookies and cache from your browser. Removing the history, stored cookies, and cache from the browser will also remove the error. Once you do so, you will lose the data and passwords that were saved on Chrome. To clear cookies and cache, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch your browser.
- On the right hand, you will see three vertical dots. These represent the More option. Click on these dots.
- You will now see multiple options. Look for More Tools and click on it.
- Here you will see an option saying Clear Browsing Data Click on that.
- Again, you will see multiple choices. Choose Cookies and other site data and then click on Cached images and files.
- You will then see a confirmation message pop up on the screen.
- Now click on Clear Data.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook again to check if the error was removed or not.
Update It to the Latest VersionAnother way to fix the Outlook error is to uninstall the current version you have and download the latest version available on the official Microsoft Store. You can uninstall the old version with system settings. Once you have fully removed the old version, click on the .exe file of the new version to install it. Now when you log into your Outlook app, you won’t have any issues.
Signup and Sign in Again to FixSometimes, simply logging out from Outlook and logging in helps to remove the error. This is usually helpful when you’re using multiple Outlook accounts on one app. If there’s an urgency and you have to use Outlook immediately, you can log into your Outlook account via the website. Of course, this isn’t a permanent solution; it’s just a temporary fix for when you’re in a hurry.
Use Outlook Auto Repair ToolYour Outlook app comes with a repair tool. To fix the error, you just need to run this auto-repair tool and say goodbye to the issue.
Contacting Microsoft SupportIf none of the methods listed above work, try contacting Microsoft Support. Search for “Microsoft Support” on your browser and follow the given instructions to solve the issue.
Popular Methods to Fix Outlook Error [Infographic]
The Final Word
MS Outlook is an important app that ensures safe working, especially where emails are involved. However, at times, you may come across the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error. To help solve this error, we’ve listed some of the easiest fixes to this problem. In fact, even non-technical users can easily solve the problem using these methods. If these don’t work, you can use the Outlook Recovery tool to fix the error too.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] Error Code?
- Clean the cookies and cache
- Signup and login with just one account
- Update your app to the new version
- Use the Outlook auto-repair tool
How to fix [pii_email_e7ab94772079efbbcb25] in Outlook?
Ways to fix [pii_email_e6685ca0de00abf1e4d5] error?
- Delete the stored cache and cookies.
- Sign out of all accounts and log in to only one.
- If you don’t have the new version of the app, download and install that.
- If the steps above don’t work, simply use the auto-repair tool provided by Outlook.
How can I fix [pii_email_cbd448bbd34c985e423c] error?
Can [pii_email_aef67573025b785e8ee2] error be fixed?
- Remove the cache and cookies stored by your browser.
- Sign up for your account and login. Just make sure you only log in to one account.
- If you have an older version of the app, download the new one.
Solution to fix [pii_email_9adeb2eb81f173c673a5] error?
- Clear the cookies and cache stored on your browser.
- Sign up for the account and log in with that. Make sure you only sign in with one account and not multiple.
- Update your Microsoft Outlook app to the fresh version if you don't have that already.
Steps to fix [pii_email_5b2bf020001f0bc2e4f3]?
The right way to fix [pii_email_bbc3ff95d349b30c2503]?
Easy fix to [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab]?
Oliver is a Contributing Editor with plenty of experience in proofreading, editing, and writing. He delivers in-depth guides, reviews, and articles about all aspects of the web hosting industry. In his spare time, Oliver enjoys spending time with his family, playing guitar and read science fiction.